The Journey to The Dove Award/Legacy Award is a Internationally Rated Award. You must meet our Criteria and guidelines to be honored with such. A point value of 95 is required. We have tried to explain in great detail about several steps in our program so that you understand each part that you follow. We thank you again for wanting to “make the difference” and allowing our panel to visit your site.
“When you know you have made the difference”
A certified and rated web site award is more than just another badge to place upon your web site. It is a statement that you have achieved a honor of your mission, your purpose that your site has meet the requirements set forth by the AP community. It is not a ‘fake or give away award’. By being honored with The Dove Award you can be sure that you have made the difference through the eyes of our judges and especially those who visit your site, the internet surfer. That your site is one that leaves a lasting impression both in design and content.
“Why was your site created? What makes a good web site? How can a web site make a difference?
What do judges look for in evaluations?
What to know more click here
ARE YOU PREPARED FOR YOUR JOURNEY?
Preparation for your journey :prep a ra tion
1. The act or process of preparing.
2. The state of having been made ready beforehand; readiness.
3. A preliminary measure that serves to make ready for something
The Free Dictionary by Farlex
1. We understand that the COPPA law is for the United States but we feel that all good web sites and respectable web masters should hold to some values and principles for young people and their safety, especially for collecting information and privacy. Are children in other parts of the world to be treated different? To us it is more than just posting that you are trustworthy or family friendly. We require that ALL sites have some posting or listing about collecting information from youth and children upon your site. no matter what country your site is from. If your site is located within the United States you must post that you support the COPPA Law or your site will not be evaluated by us. This is a automatic disqualification. Your journey will never begin here without some statement concerning the privacy and safety of children! We support International Children’s Safety The Virtual Global Task force and Childnet and will report Internet abuse that targets children and youth. Online Privacy AllianceMembers] CRIN Childs Rights Cyber Bullying Kidscape.
Not sure? Test Links from these programs
ICRA Family Friendly Safe Surf [We test each page of your site]
2. My web site is a family safe site? Your site must be a member and must be listed with a organization approved by this program. Our Approved List is : ICRA/Safe Surf/Family Safe/ Watchdog. Trustworthy is a fine program to which we respect but has no placement of PIC’s or code to deem a site is family safe. We will not except badges that a site is family safe, or friendly only by those organization posted above in our approved list.
You must have PIC’S posted within the code of your site and they must be placed and operate properly. This Award Program reserves the right to certain materials that we will allow,we post a list within our program so be sure to check the materials we do not evaluate.
3. If you can not check off all the following 5 then please stop your journey here. Your site must Contain all five of the following statements or information about such to continue in our AP program.
1. Update Statement Must list the date and items updated. 2. Mission Statement [Purpose] The purpose must define your mission. It must be a well defined statement not just a sentence. 3. Copyright Statement Must be well defined 4. Privacy Statement A statement about collection of items within your site, what you do with such information. 5. A site map
4. No self-made validation badges or other membership/organization badges unless you have permission from that source to create your own badge. Certain organizations will not allow you to resize your badge or create your own. If your site is compliant with W3C we will only except their official badge. For more detail click here.
If you have a question about this please ask before you continue. firstname.lastname@example.org
5. I am 18 years of age or over? is 18 years of age.
This program supports the COPPA laws and we comply with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act Of April 21, 2000. This program has chosen to except no applications for our award program or W.O.R.D. or any website from anyone under Eighteen (18)
6. No advertising pop ups/no more than 3 animations per page will be permitted.
7. You must have At Least 5 pages of content ?
8. If you have music on the page [ A Song/song clip/wave file/midi file/mp3 file] There must be a way to turn your music off? Criteria # 28. We do not consider a sound effect[s] music, but they still must be no longer than 5 second’s samples in length. A sound effect we believe can ‘paint a picture’ and if done in taste adds to the presentation of a site. Web Definition of sound effect: a sound in film other than spoken words or music.
9. No Multiple Broken links or spelling errors? Multiple means that many. We take into consideration this question as due to the fact that I am faced with a health problem in my hands I understand that sometimes spelling problems have been present within this site. We try to correct them when found, it is with us a typing problem so we are a bit considerate in understanding of the spelling problem, and broken links, we are concerned about real 404’s.
10. Load within 60 seconds or less? Longer load times is not permitted in our program. This is at 56K.
If you have checked all the boxes then please continue your journey. If you did not and could not check all the boxes then please Stop here, go make the corrections and please return. If you are in doubt please e-mail us and we will reply within 24 hours. email@example.com We pray that your journey will be one in gaining knowledge and blessings.